First off I have to say I can’t take much credit for these delicious things. My wife, who you know is an amazing cook, whipped these things up the other day and I have to say, I haven’t stopped thinking about them since. Not only does the zucchini stay nice and crisp on the outside but the middle is just to die for.
These are a fairly healthy meal that take less time than you would expect. In fact, she started making them and I didn’t know until I was shoveling them into my mouth. The greatest part about them is they look amazing and are really fun to make. I asked her where she got the idea and she said she found something similar on Pinterest and knew she could spice it up with Arty’s Party Rub. So for all of you pinners out there, chalk this one up to the pin board!
Personally I never ate zucchini until I met my wife. I have never been a fan of cucumbers and they pretty much looked like the same thing to me. Fortunately my wife has great taste in food, no pun intended, and we now eat zucchini in our meals at least once a week. Hopefully you get a chance to try this guys out and if you do let me know what you think! I’m sure my wife would be pleased to hear that people loved her new found recipe.
Rate the Zucchini Boat Recipe
- 1 tsp Arty’s Party Rub
- 1/2 lb of ground turkey
- 2 zucchini stalks
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- shredded cheese
- Non stick skillet
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Glass baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Cut the zucchini length wise and scoop the middle out into a bowl along with the onions, bell peppers, turkey and Arty’s Party Rub and mix them together.
- Heat the non stick skillet to medium and put the ingredients in.
- Cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Fill baking dish with 1/4 inch of water.
- Fill the hollowed zucchini with the mixture and top with cheese.
- Place them into the baking dish and in the oven for 30 min until golden brown.
- Eat the Zucchini Boats.