So, I know this blog is called RubItOnYourMeat but, a lot of you have been asking me about side dishes. Ever since I posted my Roasted Asparagus recipe I’ve been getting a lot of questions about how to use the rub on veggies specifically. So, I thought I’d spend a little time changing some recipes I have to incorporate Arty’s Party Rub.
Today’s recipe is zucchini and yellow squash. These two items are pretty delicious together and can be cooked in a ton of different ways. My two favorites are on the BBQ and roasted in the oven. Today I’ll show you how to cook them in the oven.
The most important thing to remember when making zuccini and yellow squash in the oven is to cut them into as evenly thick pieces as you can. If their thickness varies then some will come out more cooked then others and there won’t be any uniformity.
If you’re a fan of my veggie recipes or you have some of your own, please let me know in the comments below.
Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Rate the Zucchini and Yellow Squash Recipe
- Arty’s Party Rub
- 1 Yellow Squash sliced into 1/2″ slices
- 1 Zucchini sliced into 1/2″ slices
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Baking Sheet
- Tin foil
- Cutting Surface
- Mixing bowl
- Preheat the oven for 350 degrees
- After slicing the zucchini and yellow squash place them in a bowl, drizzle the oil on them and mix them up so each piece is lightly coated in oil.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet covered in tin foil (for easy cleanup) and sprinkle them with Arty’s Party Rub.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30-40 min.
- Eat the zucchini and yellow squash.
This recipe goes well with: