What’s your favorite meal? That’s a crazy question to ask someone who loves food as much as I do. Personally I have a lot of favorites. Pizza, Chinese food, chicken wings, Thanksgiving turkey, Christmas ham, the list goes on and on. Even top three would be a little difficult but I know no matter what mood I am in a great cheeseburger will easily make it.
I don’t know about you but I have always been a purest when it comes to cheeseburgers. That means a ground beef patty with cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayo all on a sesame seed bun. However, due to this blog, I have been trying a lot more foods per recommendations from readers and fellow foodies alike. One of those meals is the one featured above.
At first I was skeptical of making a turkey burger. Like I said before, I’m a classic man who likes a classic burger. When I tried it, I was stunned and astonished at how juicy and delicious this non classic burger turned out. Before I knew it, I devoured the entire thing!
So, if you are looking for more recipes using poultry let me know in the comments below!
Rate the Turkey Burger Recipe
- 2 tbsp of Arty’s Party Rub
- 1/2 lb of cold Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp of cold butter
- 2 slices of your favorite cheese
- Sliced Tomato
- Ice-burg Lettuce
- Sliced Onion
- Heinz Ketchup
- Frenches Mustard
- Best Foods Mayo
- Jalapeno Cheddar bun or your favorite bun.
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Some method of covering your cast iron skillet to allow the burger to steam
(I use the other side to mine)
- Cutting Surface
- Mixing bowl
- Begin by heating up the cast iron to medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating, cut the cold butter into shavings and put them, the turkey and the Arty’s Party Rub in a bowl and mix them together making sure the butter and party rub are distributed throughout the meat. The butter should be in small clumps.
- Form 2 patties with the meat about 3/4 inch thick and make a dimple on one side.
- Put the patties on the cast iron once it is heated. You will know it is heated when you can splash small amounts of water on it and they immediately evaporate.
- Cook for 4-5 min and flip cooking for another 4-5 min.
- After that, place the cheese on top of the burger and cover them with a lid for 5-10 min until the cheese is melted and the burgers are at an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Put the toppings on the Burger.
- Eat the Turkey Burger.
Other Recipes you will enjoy: