Long time no chat! Sorry about that; I got married last Saturday and have been spending the last week on my honeymoon. Hopefully you have had some time to make some of my other recipes while I was gone. If not, then get ready because I have a simple and delicious recipe for tacos that is sure to make your taste buds jump for joy!
Taco’s have always been a staple food in my household and when I was a kid, I always looked forward to taco night. So, when I began cooking, tacos were one of the first recipes I learned. Not only are they pretty easy to make, the flavors are incredible. As I grew up, my parents came close to perfecting this meal. The one thing they were missing was that #1 spice, Arty’s Party Rub.
If your a little worried about using a “BBQ Spice” in your tacos then think again. Like I’ve been telling you, this spice is a miracle spice. You can make virtually anything taste good with a pinch or two of Arty’s Party Rub. All I can say is get your skillet out and prepare to make one of the most delicious meals you have ever made.
Rate the Turkey Taco recipe
- Arty’s Party Rub
- 1 & 1/4 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup of finely chopped white onion
- 1 & 1/2 cups of finely chopped potato
- 3/4 a cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 finely chopped Anaheim Chili
- 1 finely chopped Jalapeno pepper without seeds.
- 1 finely chopped Serrano pepper with seeds for maximum heat.
(leave out if you don’t like it spicy)
- Flour Tortilla’s
Optional but recommended toppings:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Chopped Lettuce
- Guacamole or avocado
- Sour Cream
- Mexican Rice
- Large Skillet (non stick if it isn’t cast iron)
- Small Skillet
- Cutting Surface
- Heat the large skillet up to medium/high heat and place the turkey in. Add a generous amount of Arty’s Party Rub which is about enough to cover the top of the ground turkey block.
- After about 1-2 min start occasionally stirring and breaking up the meat with the spatula so the meat doesn’t burn. Continue stirring until you plate the meal.
- Hint: you can prechop all your veggies before hand or chop them while the meat is cooking.
- Once the all the red is gone, stir in the potato and the onions and set the heat to low/medium.
- As soon as the potato starts to become translucent stir in the Anaheim, Jalapeno and Serrano.
- After maybe 5 min stir in the cilantro.
- After 5 more min taste the meal and add more dry rub or salt as needed.
- Heat the Tortillas in the small skillet and serve family style with your desired toppings.
- Eat the tacos.
Other Recipes you will enjoy: