Let me tell you what, this recipe was not an easy task. However, one of my favorite parts was learning a new technique. I have never removed the skins of a tomato by boiling them which is actually a lot of fun.
Don’t let the fact that this recipe was hard denture you. This was by far the best spaghetti sauce I have ever had in my life. It is light, fresh and just tastes healthy! We even had it tonight with Italian Turkey Meatballs and it was delicious!
Thank’s everyone for continuing to check out my blog! This recipe and video was one of the hardest I have made for this blog to date. I probably should have saved it for the weekend but here it is! I cannot wait for you to check it out. Let me know what you think in the comments below and share this with all your friends!
Fresh Italian Red Sauce
Rate the Fresh Italian Red Sauce Recipe
- 4 tsp Arty’s Party Rub
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 7 lb tomatoes
- 15 white mushrooms sliced
- 2 onions diced
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/4 cup minced oregano
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1 Tbsp minced thyme
- 1 Tbsp minced rosemary.
- Cutting Board
- Stock Pot
- Food Processor
- Large Bowl
- Slotted Spoon
- Core the stem out of the tomatoes and cut a cross in the bottom.
- Remove the skins from the tomatoes by boiling them for 45 seconds and placing them in an ice bath when they begin to shrivel. Once they are in the ice bath the skin will be easy to take off.
- Puree the tomatoes and place them in the stock pot.
- Combine all the herbs and mix them up.
- Add half of the Arty’s Party Rub and half of the Herbs to the sauce.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 60 minutes with the lid on the stock pot. Stir often.
- After the 60 minutes add the mushrooms to the sauce.
- Combine the rest of the Arty’s Party Rub, the rest of the herbs, the turkey, onions, shallots, and garlic and cook in a skillet on medium low until the turkey is no longer pink and the onions are translucent.
- Add the mixture to the sauce and stir.
- Let simmer for another 60 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Put in the fridge for 16 to 24 hours and let the flavors marry.
- Heat on low for 30 min before serving.
- Serve with whatever meal you like to eat with red sauce or just eat the sauce.