Thanks to Bubba, we have all sorts of ways to make and eat shrimp. “Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There’s, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There’s pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich” and even Butterflied Blazin’ Shrimp.
Now that’s a lot of ways to cook shrimp! None of them, however, pack the heat and the zest like Butterflied Blazin’ Shrimp. These things are spicy and vicious, simple and delicious. No shrimp stands a chance against these brutal flavors.
Now if you’re so inclined, I’d recommend you go out and buy the biggest shrimp you can find. I prefer U-10 (~10 shrimp per lb) and get your cast iron ready. If you can take the heat then step into the kitchen! Try out your own Butterflied Blazin’ Shrimp and become king of the cast iron ring.
Leave a comment below and share this post!
You might also like:
Butterflied Blazin’ Shrimp
Rate Butterflied Blazin’ Shrimp
- Arty’s Party Rub
- Shrimp (I prefer u-10 but any size will do)
- Paring knife
- Cast Iron Skillet (or a pan of your choice)
- Clean the shrimp by removing the vain and shell. Leave the tail on.
- Butterfly the shrimp by cutting into into the bottom but not all the way through.
- Coat the shrimp with Arty’s Party Rub.
- Heat the cast iron on medium heat, any higher and you will burn the butter and the shrimp.
- Once the cast iron is heated put a little butter in the areas where you will be cooking the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp back side down in the cast iron for approximately 2-3 minutes. Times may very for smaller sized shrimp.
- Once their tails are pink and the middles are half way opaque or if the shrimp begin to smoke, flip them over.
- Leave for another 2-3 min until completely cooked through.
- Remove from pan and let sit for 1-2 min.
- While they are sitting melt some butter in the cast iron and drizzle it over the shrimp.
- Eat the shrimp.