Looking for an easy recipe? Want something delicious? Do you need something to eat while you are watching Game of Thrones? Did you go to the Medieval Times dinner and you want to have that meal again? Well this is the meal for you!
Many people get the idea that Cornish game hen’s are a lot of work to make. However, they are some of the easiest and tastiest meals you can make. Carnivores will love this meal and it’s a real treat for kids as well. You can usually get them at your grocery store in the frozen section and they take about 2 days to thaw out in the fridge. But they are worth it.
Personally, I’ve always enjoyed Cornish Game Hens. They make me feel like I’m in King Arthur’s Court and they have a bit of a different texture then chicken. They are very similar, but not exact. They are definitely a little gamier but even if you aren’t into that kind of thing, you should still try them out.
If you make this meal take a picture and #artyspartyrub. I love to see your meals!
Cilantro Lime Cornish Game Hen
Rate the Cilantro Lime Cornish Game Hen Recipe
- Arty’s Party Rub
- 1 Cornish Game Hen Thawed
- 1 Shallot Bulb
- 1 – 2 Lime Slices
- 7 Cilantro stems with leaves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Roasting Rack
- Paper Towel
- Cutting Board
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Rinse the hen off and pat down dry.
- Stuff the cavity with the cilantro, shallot and lime wedge(s).
- Rub the hen with the olive oil.
- Generously place Arty’s Party Rub on all sides of the chicken.
- Place the hen on the Roasting Rack and cook for 1 hour or until the internal temperature is 165.
- Remove the hen from the oven and place a tin foil tent over it and let sit for 5-10 min.
- Eat the Cornish Game Hen.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy