Home movie nights are a weekly tradition in my household. So, we are always looking for different movie snacks for the house. Candy is always a plus, but a large bowl of popcorn is a must. As a kid, I grew up on popcorn. We usually used an air popper. However, on special occasions we got Jiffy Pop, which was always a fun experience.
Popcorn is a tricky snack to make. Most people who are popcorn fanatics, can tell the difference between the way it’s cooked just by the texture. Often times people will default to using a microwave to make their popcorn. I’m not a fan of this method because I think the popcorn comes out a little chewy.
Lately, I’ve been experimenting with my own movie popcorn recipes and a few weeks ago I came up with my favorite method. Not only does the popcorn come out nice and crisp, but it has a beautiful look and a lightly buttery and spicy taste.
How do you like to make your popcorn?
Stove Top Popcorn
Rate Stove Top Popcorn
- Arty’s Party Rub
- At least 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white popcorn kernels
- 2 qt pot with lid
- 1 saucepan to melt additional butter
- Melt 1 Tbsp the butter in the pot on low heat.
- Once the butter in the pot is melted turn the heat to medium until the butter starts to bubble
- Place the popcorn in the pot.
- Shake the pot so the kernels are mostly flat.
- Cover the pot and turn the heat to medium high.
- Occasionally shake the pot to mix up the kernels.
- Once the popcorn starts popping, shake more often to avoid burning the popcorn and melt the rest of the butter in the saucepan.
- Once the popcorn stops, turn the heat off, remove the lid and watch out for steam.
- Pour the additional butter and sprinkle Arty’s Party Rub on the popcorn, cover the pot back up and shake well.
- Transfer the popcorn to the bowl.
- Eat the popcorn.
Other recipes you will enjoy