I’m not sure about you but the first time my wife told she wanted to try quinoa with dinner I was a little upset. I could barely understand what she said so I asked, “what the heck is Keen wah”? Neither of us had had it before but she read it was like rice. Let me tell you something right now, it was NOT like rice. Never in my life did I think I would need sauce for a side dish.
“It’s good for you,” she told me. I knew right then I had to do a favor to the world and make this dish edible. So, I decided to spice it up with a little bit of good, old fashioned Arty’s Party Rub. Not only was it edible but I had seconds!
The great thing about Quinoa is that it really absorbs the flavors you throw at it. With that said make sure you DO NOT use salted chicken broth. The rub has just the right amount of salt and any extra will leave you grasping for your drink the entire meal. So, if someone in your life wants you to
Rate the Quinoa Recipe
- 2 tsp Arty’s Party Rub
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- Measuring cup
- Pot with lid
- Combine the unsalted chicken broth and Arty’s Party Rub in a pot and mix thoroughly.
- Add the Quinoa and stir a little.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Let simmer for 20 min or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir the Quinoa and serve hot.