I used to think fish was a hard thing to cook and was afraid to mess it up. Would you believe me if I told you that the salmon in that picture above is the first time I have ever cooked salmon with skin? Not only is it the first time I’ve cooked salmon with skin, but it’s the second time I have cooked salmon in my life! I started this blog to share my recipes and have people share their recipes with me and salmon was one of the most recommended meals I should try with Arty’s Party Rub.
This week I did some research online and found this video where Gordon Ramsay makes salmon at 2:08. I agree with Gordon that fish is absolutely easy with the right method and I will be adding this succulent dish to my rotation. I took some of my own liberties and spiced it up a notch, but the method is overall the same. The one additional step I added was step 7 because I wanted a nice golden sear on the edges as well as the top and bottom.
Like I said before, I really am looking for new recipes and am willing to try just about anything. If you have a recommendation on a new recipe send me an email or message me on twitter. If you like or hate the recipe, comment below! I love the feedback and am glad to hear it!
Gordon Ramsay’s Crispy Salmon: Arty Style
- Arty’s Party Rub
- Salmon with skin (I used Atlantic Salmon)
- Olive Oil
- Non Stick Pan
- Prefrably a gas stove top (let me know if you have cooked it on electric)
(check out this video by Gordon Ramsay to see how to cook the fish replacing salt with Arty’s Party Rub)
- Begin heating the pan at medium/high heat.
- Roll the salmon and cut about 1/3 – 1/2 into the fish against the grain in 1/4″ increments without cutting completely through the fish.
- Season the skin with Arty’s Party Rub and drizzle oil on top.
- Add enough oil to place the fish in and have some showing to the pan.
- Place the fish in the oil as soon as it starts to smoke.
- Flip the fish as soon as it is cooked 2/3 the way through (about 3-4 min) and tilt the pan so the fish cooks evenly. As you can see I charred the skin a bit but the fish still turned out amazing!
- After another 3-4 min, set the fish on it’s other 2 sides to sear them for about 20-30 seconds each.
- Let the fish sit about 2-3 min off of the heat.
- Eat the fish.