If you’ve ever been to the greater Reno/Sparks area, you know we love our ribs! So much so, that we hold the biggest, meanest, rough toughen-est rib cook-off this side of the Mississippi, The Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-Off. There ain’t no better place to be than listenin’ ta live music with some good friends while chompin’ down on a big ol slab a ribs. I’ll tell you what though, it’s hard to wait a year to eat those finger lickin’, lip smackin’, oh so tasty ribs.
If I were a stronger man, I might be able to wait until the last week in August to dine on a few delectable morsels. But, I’m not. So, I couldn’t! Instead, I said, “Gosh dang-it, I’m makin’ my own Best in the West Ribs!” and I began researching. After eating a countless number of ribs (OH THE HUMANITY!), I finally came up with my “Best in the West Ribs” recipe.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, “Arty, why did you put yourself through that?!” The answer is you, kid. I couldn’t go on thinkin’ you’d spend your life waitin’ every year just to have a plate full o’ ribs. Aw heck, I even learned the harmonica so you could have some live music, too. So grab a rack and your favorite rub and sauce cause we’re ’bout to rub it on your meat!
Best in the West Ribs
Rate the Best in the West Ribs Recipe
- Arty’s Party Rub
- Favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Tin Foil
- Baking Sheet
- Sauce’n brush
- Sauce Pan
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the ribs meat side down on 2 sheets of tin foil shiny side down.
- Generously coat the ribs with rub and pat into the meat.
- Place 2 more pieces of tin foil on the ribs.
- Clamp the sides of the tin foil and make a seal.
- Place the ribs on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 4-5 hours.
- 1-2 min prior to taking the ribs out of the oven, heat the sauce in the sauce pan.
- Take the ribs out of the oven and remove from baking sheet.
- Place a new piece of tin foil on baking sheet.
- E=Remove the ribs from the tin foil and place on a baking sheet or on the grill bone side down. It’s ok if they break apart.
- WARNING: Be careful, the steam is hot.
- Sauce the ribs and place in the oven or on a grill for 15 min.
- Flip and slather with more sauce.
- Flip again and slather one more time.
- Let the ribs sit for 5-10 min.
- Eat the ribs.