Spring is coming but the chickens have hatched early! If you’ve read my bio, or met me in person, then you know I love wings! They are my #1 favorite, the bonafide tastiest, and undeniably the greatest things. I have had them from San Francisco to Orlando and I can tell you that there are no others greater than Arty’s Party Wings. If your looking for a unique and delicious, spicy BBQ blend from Heaven on Earth then look no further because these are the real deal.
Ever since I can remember, wings have been my favorite food. However, I didn’t really look into making them myself until just a few years ago. I always thought they were intimidating and I needed some giant deep fryer to make them. Even when I learned how to make them on the stove, I felt they were way too much work and easier to pick up at a restaurant. When I found out The Great International Wing Society Cookoff was held in Reno, NV I became compelled to compete in this glorious event.
Today, The Great International Wing Society no longer exists. However, Reno has preserved the competition which will be held at the Silver Legacy as the Biggest Little City Wing Fest.
It’s taken me a long time to perfect this recipe and I have made them for over 100 people as of today. I am working hard to try and be able to compete in the Biggest Little City Wing Fest one day because I think my wings truly are the best. Until then, I want to share them with you! So, if you’ve had a chance to try them out or if you’ve made them on your own then please let everyone know what you think by leaving a comment below!
Arty’s Party Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Arty’s Party Rub
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
(Let me know if you are interested in knowing how to get Arty’s Party Sauce)
- Some kind of dish to hold the wings while you rub them.
- Meat Thermometer
- Start the grill and bring it to 300-375 degrees. We are using a direct heat method.
- While the grill is heating up rub the wings with enough rub so that they are coated but not caked with dry rub.
- Once the grill is heated, place the wings on the grill and let them cook until they are halfway done; about 15-30 minutes depending on the temperature. Check them often (every 5-7 min) so you do not let them burn. If the grill gets too hot just open it up and let it cool for a minute or two. This may take some practice to find out when they are halfway cooked as you want the wings to be about 165-170 degrees internal temperature when they are finished.
- 5 min before they are ready to be flipped for the first time, begin heating your sauce. If it bubbles turn it off.
- After they are half way done (you will see some char spots) you want to flip them over and braise them with the sauce.
- Cook the wings for another 15-30 min checking often.
- After the wings have charred on the second side you want to flip them again and braise them.
- Let them cook for at least 2 more minutes and up to about 5 min. Cook them for longer if their internal temperature is not 165 degrees.
- Add more sauce to taste.
- Eat the wings!
Again, if you’ve tried Arty’s Party Wings then please leave a comment and let the world know what you think and if you feel so inclined, please share this with your friends so they can try them out as well!