America, America God shed his grace on…. oh sorry, didn’t see you there. Arthur LeVesque here and welcome back to another segment of Rub It On Your Meat. As you know, I love meat and I bleed red, white and blue. It’s obvious to say, one of my favorite meals is the classic burger and fries.
Now when I say burgers and fries are one of my favorite meals, I mean it. And, as you know, I LOVE Arty’s Party Rub. So, I took it upon myself to come up with the best burger I could using this amazing dry rub. After years of researching, I finally came up with my take on the true “America Burgers and Beer Battered Freedom Fries”.
With President’s Day coming up, I know you’ll want to be prepared. I’ve been in your shoes before so try this recipe and your family will love it for generations. Now don’t be confused, this is no ordinary burger. It packs flavors your grandmother has never tasted. Grab that cast iron because, like honest Abe, I cannot tell a lie. This mouthwatering, show stopping, flavor packed all American meal is sure to make your taste buds squeal.
Leave a comment and share this with your friends! Abe Lincoln would want it that way!
America Burgers and Beer Battered Freedom Fries
- ~4tbsp Arty’s Party Rub
- 2/3 lb ground chuck. (Can substitute for 80% lean Hamburger)
- 2 Pieces of your favorite cheese.
- 2 Buns
- 1 Potato
- White Onion
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup, or more, of your favorite beer. (Can be substituted for water)
- Vegetable Oil (enough to cover the fries while they are frying)
- Small amount of butter for taste.
- Bottle opener (if using a bottled beer without a twist of top)
- Large bowl
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Vegetable Peeler
- Cutting Surface
- A cast iron skillet to cook the burgers in.
- A large frying pan or cast iron skillet to fry the fries in.
- Remove the skin from the potato and cut it into strips approximately 1/4 in thick.
- Place sliced potatoes into the large bowl and fill it with ice cold water and place in the fridge. This removes some of the starch and helps them cook better.
- Remove the meat from the fridge and add 2tbsp of Arty’s Party Rub. Mix the meat and rub in one of the mixing bowls with your hands until the rub is dispersed.
- Once the meat and rub are combined form them into 2 patties ~1in thick.
- Place a dimple in the top the size of your thumb about 1/5th the way in. This helps the burger from bulging.
- Place the meat back into the fridge until it is ready to be cooked.
- Place enough oil in the frying pan to cover the fries and turn the stove on. The oil should reach about 375 degrees. Be careful not to let the oil smoke.
- While the oil is heating up add the flour and the other 2tbsp of Arty’s Party Rub into a mixing bowl and mix with a fork until the rub is dispersed.
- Once the rub is dispersed begin to add the beer to the mixture while continually mixing with a fork. The mixture will begin to clump up so continue to add a little beer and mix in until you get a batter that is not lumpy and lightly drips off of the fork.
- Place the cast iron on the stove and set it on medium high heat.
- Slice the onion and tomato.
- By now the oil should be hot. To check, drip a small amount of batter into the oil. It should begin to fry and brown relatively quickly.
- Once the oil is hot, dip the sliced potatoes into the batter and drop them into the oil.
For best results, drop them in individually, otherwise break them up with the tongs.
- Flip them occasionally and take them out once they are golden brown.
- Add more fries as you take them out until all fries are done.
- Take the burgers out of the fridge and get them ready to be placed on the cast iron.
- While the fries are frying. take a small amount of butter and place it on the cast iron where you will be cooking the burgers.
- Once the butter is melted, place the burgers on the cast iron with the dimples up.
- For rare burgers flip after 3 min adding 2 min per degree of wellness (times may very per kitchen)
- 5 for medium rare
- 7 min for medium
- 9 for medium well
- 11 for well
- Place the cheese on the burger immediately after it has been flipped.
- Remove burgers and plate with bun and fries. Add condiments as desired.
- Leave a comment and share this with your friends! Abe Lincoln would want it that way!