Earlier today, Carl’s Jr. announced the ‘Most American Thickburger‘. It is a cheeseburger with a hot dog and chips inside. This burger is something I have experiemented with in college and it’s pretty delicious. However, because they called it the ‘Most American Thickburger” and I am an American, I felt it necessary to one up them. My fellow Americans understand.
Earlier this year, I posted about a burger I make called the America Burger. If you haven’t had it, try it out. It’s classic and really hits the spot if your in the mood for a burger. The America Burger Deluxe has everything the America Burger has and then some. It starts out with a potato bread bun, has a layer of Doritos, a thick juicy patty with cheddar cheese, an egg over easy, a hot dog, bacon, tomatoes, onions, avocado and a ketchup/mustard/mayo mix.
This burger is by far one of the heartiest, meatiest most delicious burgers I have ever made in my life. Not only was it crunchy from the chips and bacon, but it was an explosion of flavor. If you love meat and have a couple thousand calories to catch up on then I dare you to try the American Deluxe. You won’t be disappointed.
America Burger Deluxe
Rate The America Burger Deluxe Recipe
- 1/4 Tbsp Arty’s Party Rub
- 1/3 lb ground chuck. (Can substitute for 80% lean Hamburger)
- 1 Piece of your favorite cheese
- 1 Potato bread bun
- 1 Piece of bacon
- 1 hot dog
- 1 Egg
- 1 Avocado
- Sliced Tomato
- Sliced White Onion
- A cast iron skillet
- A small pan
- Large bowl
- Cutting surface
- Small mixing bowl
- Paper towel
- Mix the meat and the Arty’s Party Rub in a bowl and form into a patty like one of my favorite bloggers @.
- Heat the skillet to medium low heat.
- Slice the bacon in half and place it in the skillet. Begin timing the bacon until it begins to bulge.
- Once the bacon begins to bulge up, drain the grease by tipping the skillet and spooning it out and then flip the bacon. Save 1 tsp in another pan for the egg.
- Cook the bacon on the other side for the same amount of time it took to bulge and remove from the skillet. Place it on a paper towel for later.
- Remove any excess bacon grease so only a little is left on the skillet and crank the heat up to medium high.
- Once the skillet begins to smoke, place the patty on the skillet and cook the burger flipping once.
For rare burgers flip after 3 min adding 2 min per degree of wellness (times may very per kitchen)
- 5 for medium rare
- 7 min for medium
- 9 for medium well
- 11 for well
- After you flip, place the cheese on the burger immediately.
- Split the hot dog in half and place it in the skillet open side down. Flip it when the edges start to curl.
- 5 minutes before the burger is done, begin heating the pan with the bacon grease in it.
- Once the grease is hot cook the egg over easy.
- Place the bun on a plate and layer the Doritos on it.
- Once the burger is ready, layer it over the Doritos.
- Place the egg on top of the patty.
- Place the hot dog on the egg.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, and avocado on the hot dog.
- Place the bacon next.
- Slather the top of the bun with mustard, mayo and ketchup as desired and place it on the burger and smash it down. Warning, the egg will squirt out so don’t push it down too hard and watch out!
- Eat the delicious meaty America Burger Deluxe.
Other meals you will enjoy: